The Greater Sand-plover was actively feeding exactly where Patrick Leary et al. reported it yesterday. I studied it from about 9:30 - 10 this morning along with about a dozen other birders. Someone reported a Red-necked Phalarope in the same area, but I missed it. There is extensive damage from flooding and parts of the road are still under water, but the weather much better than reports from earlier in the week. Other birds in the area include 4 Whimbrels, 1 White-rumped Sandpiper, Red Knots, Wilson's, Black-bellied, and Semipalmated plovers. Also, some of the Sanderlings are in breeding plumage.

 Fritz Davis
Tallahassee, Florida