  I continued my twice weekly search for the Connecticut Warbler
yesterday afternoon for a little over an hour with negative results. The
fact that I encountered a red fox 3 times in the prime target area
between "the field" and the scout camp did not help my cause.
  The Yellow-crowned Night Heron nests between the volleyball court and
pavilion 4 has at least 5 chicks about 10" tall. I did not see the
Coopers Hawk or chicks at the nest above pavilion 10 so they may have
fledged since I last checked on 5/6/09.
  I could not find the Spindalis at Seacrest Scrub last Friday.

John Shelly
S Palm Beach Co