-----Original Message-----
From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Laurie Hazard
Sent: Thursday, May 28, 2009 9:46 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: hoping for some suggestions

Hi Deborah,

Most institutions require that faculty hold X number of office hours per
week.  At my former institution, we asked faculty to volunteer to
conduct some of their required office hour time in the Learning Center.
They are already being paid for that (a win for you) and you will not be
asking them to do any extra hours (a win for them).  It's just a matter
of location........

Having said that, this concept worked very well at my former
institution, and did not work at all at my current institution (a matter
of faculty culture here).  So, I would say give it a try!

Laurie