From: Kathleen Pagan
Sent: Monday, June 22, 2009 9:59 AM
To: GRAUNKE,RYAN E
Cc: Sally C. Palmi
Subject: RE: Food Waste Friday #22: Nevada to allows restaurants to donate food liability-free

Hi Ryan,

I just want to mention I am aware a few local businesses donate food to local efforts to feed the homeless (pizza in particular, although with increases to cheese prices the amount has diminished).  This may not be "waste food" though.  I don't know if other businesses could be encouraged to participate if there was a similar law here as the Nevada law mentioned in the link. I am copying Sally Palmi in County Waste Alternatives who may be able to provide other insights.

Thank you for the interesting information you provide to the BEST list-serv and for your concern about the needs of the homeless.

Kathleen Pagan, AICP, Sr. Planner
352-374-5249
www.scenicus441.com
http://growth-management.alachua.fl.us/