I am pleased to announce the 2009 Transatlantic Renewable Energy Fellowship in Germany, a new initiative of the German Federal Foreign Office (Auswärtiges Amt), administered by InWEnt gGmbH in partnership with CDS International, Inc.
The program allows 15 fellows to attend a 5-day briefing on Germany’s renewable energy policies and structures and to complete an internship of 3-6 months with a leading renewable energy company or organization. The program will run from September 5 through December 19, 2009, with the possibility to apply for a program through March 19, 2009. Fellows will receive a stipend in the amount of 3,300 Euro as well as support for travel expenditures to and in Germany.
As part of the Transatlantic Climate Bridge, the Fellowship seeks to further mutual understanding and transatlantic cooperation in climate and energy policies, to provide practical training for future leaders in the renewable energy and environmental fields, and to support renewable energy institutions in developing their human resources and transatlantic networks.
Eligibility criteria for the Fellowship are as follows:
• US citizenship, permanent residency, or current enrollment at a US university or college
• Age 32 or younger at the application deadline
• Minimum of 3 years completed at a college or university, preferably with degree completed in
• Technical fields (engineering, IT, manufacturing/production, logistics/supply chain management, geography/meteorology)
• Science (physics, material sciences, chemistry
• Design and Development: regional and urban planning; architecture
• Business (business administration, international business, PR)
• Liberal Arts (international relations, environmental policy, environmental economics)
• Two years experience in renewable energy or a related field, preferably in a professional capacity
Interested candidates should visit www.cdsintl.org/tref.php for additional information. Applications should be completed online by June 24, 2009.
Thank you for your assistance in sharing this exciting opportunity with your network of young professionals and students. Please don’t hesitate to contact CDS or InWEnt with any questions:
Washington, DC Representative
CDS International, Inc.
1420 K Street, NW | Suite 800 | Washington, DC 20005
Tel +1 202.536-2955 | Fax +1 202.289.4625
CDS has moved! As of September 2, 2008, our New York address is:
440 Park Avenue South | New York, NY 10016
Tel +1 212.497.3500 | Fax +1 212.497.3535
P Please consider the environment before printing this email.