Dear Folks,
      Yes, this literature is voluminous.  Please note that Annual Review
papers are not a complete bibliography on a topic: ARS actually tries to
limit citations to major/classic works, illustrative pieces to show major
themes, etc.   So the ARS piece that Miller, James and I did in 2002 is
not a complete bibliography of the literature circa 2001.....just our
take, at the time, on the structure of that literature.  Cheers, Lynn

Lynn Smith-Lovin
Robert L. Wilson Professor of Arts and Sciences
Department of Sociology
P.O. Box 90088
Duke University
Durham, NC 27708-0088

813 Berkeley Street
Durham NC 27705
919-416-1033
520-909-8924 (cell)
Cascabel AZ 520-212-2376

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired
signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not
fed, those who are cold and are not clothed.  This world in arms is not
spending money alone.  It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the
genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children."
          Dwight D. Eisenhower, 1953, as the Korean War was winding down.