Dear Don,

While you have good intentions:

I don't think it is proper to requote Mark Granovetter's or Harrison
White's private remarks to you on this list.

If they had wanted to post onto this list, they would.
And they may want to phrase differently.

Posting my comment to the list as well as to Steiny, because I wouldn't
want Don's posting of others' private comments to be re-posted.

I do think we have to respect private-public boundaries.

Cheers,
 Barry Wellman