Dear colleagues,

I am new to this list but I was hoping someone would be able to help me.

I am currently building my database and I was trying to construct the
Berkman-Social Network Index (by Berkman and Syme 1979), which represent
specific social network activities.

I have got the same questionnaires like in the MONICA-Study. Some
colleagues, who work with the MONICA data constructed the Social Network
Index too. But to do so there is the need to use some weights, which I
cannot find. There should be some more information about the weights in
the Doctoral dissertation by LF, Berkman and in a WHO manual called
MOPSY (1989). But both sources I am not able to find. So I am wondering
if anyone knows more and have some information about the weights or got
the literature.

Any feedback will be much appreciated.

Best regards,

Thomas Salzmann