I need to draw some non-data-driven, illustrative networks for a paper.  In
other words,  I want to construct a network out of nodes and edges that are
easy to label, configure, and arrange.  I find PowerPoint clumsy, Visio too
hierarchical-org-chart-centric, and  freehand (especially mine) is out of
the question.

Does anyone know of some simple program out there that can do what I need?

Thanks,

Rusty Tunnard

The Fletcher School, Tufts University

http://fletcher.tufts.edu/faculty/tunnard/default.shtml