I would recommend ORA http://www.casos.cs.cmu.edu and follow the link for
ORA.  You just add a nodeset and label it.  You add an edgeset and define
the links.  The visualizer gives you many options.  If you hit the pause
button you can put the nodes where you like and copy and paste into ppt or
word.  You can also represent multi-plex ties.  You can also size nodes by
measure or attribute and even define unique images for the nodes.  I like to
use the images when briefing an organization, because I can put head and
shoulder pictures of the people instead of a dot.
Ian

Ian McCulloh, Ph.D.
Major, US Army
Assistant Professor