Here are some additional links related to this:

an update of the map for 2009:

http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/idblog/2009/02/12/mapping-change-in-the-iranian-blogosphere/

looking at activity on the eve of the recent election:

http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/idblog/2009/02/12/mapping-change-in-the-iranian-blogosphere/
http://www.shiftingthedebate.com/shifting/2009/06/obama-and-the-iranian-election.html/

And we also just released our study of the Arabic blogosphere a couple
of days ago:

http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/idblog/2009/06/16/internet-and-democracy-releases-report-of-arabic-blogosphere/

--john

John Kelly