Dear Richard,

Could you use a tau statistic-using the proper weighting scheme to
include the triads of interest?  I have rewritten Jim Moody's SAS code
in R which calculates tau (tau is normally distributed so you can
easily test hypotheses).  Let me know if you're interested and I can
you send the code.  Although keep in mind that tau is conditioned on
the dyad distribution.

 Jeffrey Smith
 268 Soc/Psych Building
 Dept of Sociology