At 05:26 PM 4/30/2009, Mark Goetsch wrote:

 >>(from what little I know of Killworths
research and models  KBPACK  his research was
based on closed communities like prisons where
the risk of reinfection is much higher).

our research on prison populations was part of an
earlier project on informant accuracy. that
project predates the appearance of aids.

the kbpack refers to a still earlier project on
the development of catij (rhymes with cabbage), a
method for detecting structure in networks.

the network scale-up method dates to 1986. the
papers from that project date from 1989 and are here:

http://nersp.osg.ufl.edu/~ufruss/scale-up.htm

russ bernard