***** To join INSNA, visit http://www.insna.org ***** At 05:26 PM 4/30/2009, Mark Goetsch wrote:

>>(from what little I know of Killworths research and models KBPACK his research was based on closed communities like prisons where the risk of reinfection is much higher).

our research on prison populations was part of an earlier project on informant accuracy. that project predates the appearance of aids.

the kbpack refers to a still earlier project on the development of catij (rhymes with cabbage), a method for detecting structure in networks.

the network scale-up method dates to 1986. the papers from that project date from 1989 and are here:

http://nersp.osg.ufl.edu/~ufruss/scale-up.htm

russ bernard