  From: Ian McCulloh<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
  To: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
  Sent: Monday, June 01, 2009 7:41 AM
  Subject: [SOCNET] Homophily

  ***** To join INSNA, visit http://www.insna.org<http://www.insna.org/> *****
  Hello SOCNET people,

  A collegue of mine asked me if I could tell him some of the key publications that describe the concept of homophily as a cause of relationships in social networks.  Before I respond to him, I thought I would poll the group.  Thanks in advance for your input.

  Ian

  Ian McCulloh, Ph.D.

  Major, U.S. Army

  Assistant Professor

  Network Science Center &

  Dept of Behavior Sciences and Leadership

  U.S. Military Academy

  646 Swift Road

  West Point, NY 10996