From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals on behalf of Ann Roselle
Sent: Mon 5/25/2009 1:54 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Library Assignments for Developmental Reading Students

Hello.  I am a librarian at Phoenix College, and I am looking for
assignments that librarians have used with developmental reading
students.  A library-related assignment for developmental reading
students might focus on one or more of these areas:

   * Critical reading
   * Developing vocabulary
   * Dictionary skills
   * Distinguishing between facts and opinions
   * Exploring main ideas or central points of a reading
   * Interpreting graphics
   * Note taking skills
   * Reading skills, such as skimming and scanning

If you have an assignment that has worked well with your students and
are willing to share it, I would greatly appreciate it!  I am in the
process of designing some new assignments within our Reading
Department.  And, of course, you will be credited for your work.  I can
be reached at [log in to unmask]  Thank you very much!

Sincerely,

Ann Roselle