From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Gamache, Suzanne
Sent: Thursday, June 25, 2009 1:52 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: learning styles and teaching styles

Hello friends,

I am doing a workshop for incoming first year students later this
summer.  I'd like to have the students complete a quick learning styles
inventory, and then discuss adapting their learning styles to the
various teaching styles of faculty they will encounter: the lecturer;
the pacer; the reader of powerpoint slides and so forth.

Has anyone done something similar to this?  Any good resources for me to
explore?

Thanks, Suzanne

Please support my walk as I train and fundraise for the 2009 Komen
Breast Cancer 3-Day:

http://www.the3day.org/site/TR/Walk/BostonEvent?px=1288099&pg=personal&f
r_id=1292

Suzanne Gamache, M.Ed.

Coordinator of Tutoring Services and Strategies for Success Program

Centers for Learning & Academic Support Services

UMass Lowell, Southwick 321

1 University Avenue Lowell, MA 01854

Phone: (978) 934-2947

Fax: (978) 934-3088

P  Please consider the impact to the environment before printing this
email.