I have seen one Chestnut Mannikin at the Dry Tortugas several years
ago.  The birds are found in Cuba and established, so I feel that any
birds that make it to Florida, should be considered by the Florida
Records Committee as a vagrant.  Especially when the Dry Tortugas are so
from from the mainland.  The birders who saw them at the Dry Tortugas
should fill out a records committee form and send in their photos:
http://www.fosbirds.org/RecordsCommittee/ReportForm.aspx

Larry Manfredi
Homestead, FL
E-mail:  [log in to unmask]