Just so we're all on the same page, federal and state law prohibit any
interference whatsoever with nests, eggs, and nestlings--- unless you have
both federal AND state permits in your hand. Do not interfere with the
Mockingbird's nest by removing eggs or nestlings even if it turns out the
nest has been parasitized. Brown-headed Cowbirds are also protected species
and -without a permit- no one is authorized to remove their eggs or
nestlings from an active nest. No exceptions without valid permits.
For more information visit www.myfwc.com, the official website of the
Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission.

Marianne Korosy
Palm Harbor, FL

--
"To the extent that we banish the rest of life we will impoverish our own
species for all time." - E. O. Wilson