Hi all,

This evening, while conducting a water snake survey along Range Road
211 in Eglin AFB, I found a Louisiana waterthrush.  It was an
Okaloosa County bird for me.  Louisiana waterthrush is known to breed
in Blackwater River State Forest to the north.  There is possible
breeding habitat on base.  This bird was in a beaver pond.  It was
probably a post-breeding wanderer or migrant.

Also found were two Stinkpots (turtles) in the crayfish traps, ca. 15
bluebirds in a flock with about as many Pine warblers, three or four
Pine Barrens treefrogs calling upstream from the beaver pond.

David Simpson
Fellsmere (Crestview) Florida