Hello,

In conjunction with my project on education for sustainable development,
I am starting a new research project, as follows:

The *hypothesis* is that the exclusion of women from roles of religious
authority is an obstacle to the *integral human development of both men
and women*.

If so, religious institutions in which worship is always presided by a
male are a significant obstacle to sustainable human development. And if
so, these religious institutions should reconsider the social harm they
are doing and the doctrines being used to rationalize the perpetuation
of male-only religious hierarchies.

Could you point me to *scientific evidence* (as required in the social
sciences) that validates/invalidates the hypothesis?

I would be grateful to hear from you.

Sincerely,
Luis

Luis T. Gutierrez, PhD
Editor, PelicanWeb Journal of Sustainable Development
http://www.pelicanweb.org ~ [log in to unmask]
A monthly, free subscription, open access e-journal.