hello norm
i don't know much about other religions but i was under the impression that
Buddhism, by offering an 'ancient path to an ancient city' was offering a
direct path to truth. The four noble truths in fact.We meditate to clear
away the junk that stops us experiencing  the truth directly.

--
claire odeon hershman
london