From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Carole J. Basak
Sent: Friday, August 21, 2009 4:14 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: department structure.

Our college is again having the discussion about who Academic Support Services should report to,student affairs or the academic dean. When I first arrived we were under Student Affairs. Currently, we are under the Academic Dean. It would be helpful to know what other colleges are doing and if you have switched from one house to the other, why?
Also what are the advantages and disadvantages of your of your report structure.
If you would like to respond off list, I can post a summary of responses in a week or two.
Thank you for your help.

--
Carole Basak, Associate Director
Academic Support Services