Hello BESTers,

     In order for Florida to meet it's 75% recycling goal, we must
pull out all the stops.  One of the solutions would be to collect
household food waste, preferably for biogas.  This article
discusses a city in South Wales that is doing just that.  With a
pilot project for curbside food waste collection the city has
already hit a 31% recycling rate.  It will now be expanding
collection to 8000 homes.  There are also plans to develop an
anaerobic digester to produce energy from this collected waste.
In Florida we need to be looking to these communities for models
of how we can meet our goals.

http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/news/4637960.City_food_waste_scheme_set_to_grow/

Have a great weekend,
Ryan