Hi all,

I found no less than eight Buff-breasted sandpipers on the sod farms
at the intersection of Avon Park Cutoff Road and Singletary Road.
This is rather frustrating considering I need Upland sandpiper, not
Buff-breasted for Polk County.  Avon Park Cutoff Road heads west from
US 27 between Frostproof and Avon Park.  Gazeteer P. 93 C2.  These
are the same fields where Andy Bankert found a Baird's sandpiper two
years ago.

I had a busy weekend birding and chasing goals.  I'll post an update
to my blog soon.

David Simpson
Fellsmere, FL
http://birdingwdavid.livejournal.com/