Subject: FD&TV 091709 birdPIX
Hi all:
On Thursday, 091709, I did a little fotobirding during the afternoon out at Tierra Verde & Ft. DeSoto.

I have never observed so many Magnificent Frigatebirds, I very conservatively counted 50+ birds.  There could have been WAY MORE than that!  There were so many birds and being a bit spread it was impossible to take a snap shot of the whole kettle.
An Osprey was actively circling in the kettle of Frigatebirds.  I don’t think that I have ever observed Osprey to circle high overhead like that and in a kettle of Frigatebirds..  The Osprey confused me as I thought it was some aberrant plumaged Buteo.  Once I got home and put it on the computer I realized that it was an Osprey.  Generally, I do not take field guides with me while I am out in the field as I have enough stuff – binos, scope & camera..
One of the things I was hoping to find was shorebirds but with the tide being so very high no such luck except just a few ordinary shorebirds.  Probably should have consulted a tide schedule before I ventured out.  There were LOTS of Sandwich Terns and a couple of Royals-that I did not get pix of.
Snowy Egret
http://www.flickr.com/photos/37531789@N07/3931509757/
Reddish Egret
http://www.flickr.com/photos/37531789@N07/3932292338/