Hey everyone,

I began the day at Leu Gardens, just because I hadn't been there in awhile and I wanted to check it out.  I then spent a little time walking around Mead on the way home.  Nothing spectacular today, but I'll combine the two lists since they were fairly similar:

Wood Duck (including a beautiful full male at Mead)

Mottled Duck (that same VERY Mottled-looking-probable-Mallard/Mottled hybrid)

Anhinga

Great Blue Heron

Great Egret

Tricolored Heron

White Ibis

Wood Stork

Black Vulture

Cooper's Hawk

Mourning Dove

Ruby-Throated Hummingbird (6-7 between the two gardens)

Belted Kingfisher (1 at Mead)

Red-Bellied Woodpecker

Downy Woodpecker

Northern Flicker

Great Crested Flycatcher

Loggerhead Shrike (1 at Mead along the boardwalk)

Red-Eyed Vireo (10-15)

Blue Jay

Tufted Titmouse

Carolina Wren

Blue-Gray Gnatcatcher

Northern Mockingbird

Brown Thrasher

Northern Parula (4 both gardens)

Chestnut-Sided Warbler (1, Mead, thanks to Dexter Richardson for alerting me to this one)

Yellow-Throated Warbler (1 at each garden)

Black-and-White Warbler (1 at each garden)

American Redstart (5-6 at Mead)

Waterthrush sp. (although probably the same Northern that's been hanging out along the boardwalk near the Butterfly Garden at Mead - I kicked him up, but I never got a good look at him)

Common Yellowthroat (2 at Mead)

Northern Cardinal

Common Grackle

House Finch

Also, Marcus Sharpe mentioned to me that he had a Prairie Warbler that I didn't see at Mead.

Leu Gardens is in downtown Orlando near the intersection of US17/92 and Virginia Ave.  Mead Garden is in Winter Park.  Both are located in north-central Orange County.

Good birding,

John Thomton

Winter Park, Orange Co.