Hey everyone,

I was going to walk to Mead this morning, but I know Mead has been getting good birder coverage lately, and I've hardly seen anything on Leu.  So I drove to Leu Gardens, spent about 2.5 hours walking around, and then I walked around Mead Garden for about 1.5 hours on my way home.  The birding wasn't quite as good as on Wednesday, but there was still plenty to see.  There was finally a decent representation of migrants from other families besides warblers.  Speaking of warblers, for some reason I missed some easy ones today: redstart, black-and-white, prairie.  Other birders mentioned they had redstarts at Mead earlier this morning, as well as a Summer Tanager behind the amphitheater that I didn't see.  I again dipped on Great Crested Flycatcher, and Mead Garden's Barred Owls weren't in an obvious place today.  My list for the day is as follows:

Anhinga

Great Blue Heron

Great Egret

Green Heron (Leu)

White Ibis

Black Vulture

Turkey Vulture

Osprey

Cooper's Hawk

Red-Shouldered Hawk

Mourning Dove

Chimney Swift

Ruby-Throated Hummingbird

Belted Kingfisher

Red-Bellied Woodpecker

Downy Woodpecker

Northern Flicker

Eastern Wood-Pewee (1, Leu)

Acadian Flycatcher (1, Leu)

White-Eyed Vireo (3)

Yellow-Throated Vireo (2, Mead)

Red-Eyed Vireo (LOTS)

Blue Jay

Fish Crow

Tufted Titmouse

Carolina Wren

Blue-Gray Gnatcatcher

Veery (3, Leu)

Gray-Cheeked Thrush (1, Leu)

Gray Catbird (1, Leu - my FOF)

Northern Mockingbird

Brown Thrasher

Northern Parula (5-6)

Yellow-Throated Warbler (4-5)

Pine Warbler (2, Mead)

Worm-Eating Warbler (2, Leu)

Northern Waterthrush (1 each at Leu and Mead)

Scarlet Tanager (1, Mead - picnic area)

Northern Cardinal

Common Grackle

House Finch

Leu Gardens is in Downtown Orlando near the intersection of US 17/92 (Mills Ave) and Virginia Ave.  There is an admission fee for non-members.  Mead Garden is in Winter Park, south of Fairbanks Ave. and east of US 17/92 (Orlando Ave.).  There is no admission fee.  Both are in north-central Orange County.

Good birding,

John Thomton

Winter Park, Orange Co.