Good thing I'm not a weatherman.  I thought with the little rain last night and the winds shifting
to the SW/W that the migration god might smile down on Turkey Creek this morning.   No such luck.  Evidently all the regular T.C. birders didn't give it much thought.  Besides the Hills I was the only other birder there.  When I returned to the parking lot I observed a Common Nighthawk flying between the trees and then out of nowhere an aerial dogfight ensued.  A Cooper's Hawk was hot on the tail of the nighthawk.  Unfortunately I didn't see where the chase went.  I only saw the beginning.  Let's hope the nighthawk evaded becoming a meal.

Only 8 species of warblers seen today.

Black-throated Blue Warbler--M & F
Black-and-White Warbler
Yellow-throated Warbler
Tennessee Warbler
Prairie Warbler--seen by the Hills
Ovenbird
Northern Parula
American Redstart

Also Red-eyed and White-eyed Vireo, Veery (heard by the Hills) as well as the usual cast of everyday birds.

Jim Eager
Cape Canaveral