Hi,

  I found these American Coots in Viera Wetlands on Sept. 21, 2009. I asked some questions, and found out that's it's rare to find them breeding in Florida. As far as I could tell they only had one young. They were way out there, and I had to put a 2x on my 100/400 lens just to get this shot. Cute Coot!

www.flickr.com/photos/mudhen/3943024108

Danny Bales
Titusville, Fla.