The strong weather system that passed southwest Florida coast this
morning inundated Lee Co with the dream birding we all desire. As I
drove to work along Sanibel to the north tip of Captiva it appeared
daybreak would be delayed. By 8am about halfway up Sanibel I began
seeing migrants crossing the road in every direction. At work flocks
of warblers were streaming in from every direction. By 9 am I'd seen
13 species of warblers. Wood, Swainson and Veery. Yellow-throated, Red-
eyed, and White-eyed Vireos. Eastern Wood Pewee- fuggeda about it- I
don't recall ever seeing so many in one day. Summer and Scarlet
Tanagers. Left work early to finish the day at Six Mile Cypress
Preserve inland. Added Baltimore Oriole, Rose-breasted Grosbeaks and
Acadian Flycatcher plus 3 more warblers species. Absent was prairie,
black-throated blue, cuckoos, swallows, swifts and goatsuckers.
16 species of warblers
N Parula
Tennessee- 100s
Yellow