Politically relevant network data can be freely downloaded at
http://cow2.la.psu.edu/.

See also Zeev Maoz's website:
http://psfaculty.ucdavis.edu/zmaoz/datasets.htm

See:

Gibler, Douglas M. and Meredith Reid Sarkees 2004. Measuring Alliances:
The Correlates of War Formal Alliance Dataset, 1816-2000. Journal of
Peace Research, 41(2): 211-222.

 Z. Maoz. R. Kuperman, and L. Terris , and I. Talmud (2007) _"The Enemy
of my Enemy: The Effects of Indirect Enmity Relations on Direct Dyadic
Relations"_ <pdf/Enemy.pdf>, /The Journal of Politics/ 69 (1): 100--115

????? Michael T. Heaney:

--
Ilan Talmud, Ph.D.
Senior Lecturer