Please consult Federico Varese [[log in to unmask]] who
studied plagiarism in science across disciplines.

????? Ian McCulloh:
> SOCNET Friends,
> I have seen a method presented for constructing social networks, where
> passages of text are run through a plaigarism checker on a low
> association threshold. People with similar text passages are then
> linked in a social network. I cannot find anywhere in the literature
> where this has been published. One of my students has used this
> technique to develop a social network to compare to another novel
> method of social network construction. Her paper is not appropriately
> tied to the literature and I am not sure where to direct her. I would
> appreciate any references where plagarism checkers have been used to
> construct social networks. Failing that, I would also appreciate any
> references where social networks have been extracted for authors,
> based on the content of their writing. Co-authorship/citation network
> references are not needed.
> Thanks,
> Ian
> Ian McCulloh, Ph.D.
> Major, US Army
> Assistant Professor
> U.S. Military Academy
> West Point, NY 10996

Ilan Talmud, Ph.D.
Senior Lecturer
Department of Sociology and Anthropology,
University of Haifa
Phones: 972-4-8240992 (office direct)
972-4-8240995 / 8249505 (secretaries)
(cell) 972-522-220914