A few things about this annual pseudo-Nobel of th Bank of Sweden Prize in
Economic sciences.

First, the end of the newpaper article is ambiguous. It reads: "The Economics
Prize is the only one of the six Nobel prizes not created in Swedish
industrialist Alfred Nobel's 1896 will -- it was created much
later to celebrate the 1968 tricentary of the Swedish central bank and was
first awarded in 1969".

They should have added the crucial words: "it was created by the bank of Sweden
and is paid by the Bank". For a detailed analysis of this symbolic "coup" see:

http://www.opendemocracy.net/article/nobel_by_association_beautiful_mind_non_exi
stent_prize

Second: Daniel Kahneman (Bank of Sweden PRize in 2002) is a psychologist not an
economist. This example shows how economists who are so often autistic tend to
see every thing as "economics" when they use it. Hence, I recently saw the
phrase "econometric analysis" instead of "statistical analysis" for a simple
regression...

All this to say that if more "non-economists" win that prize it will probably be
because they will be seen as doing economic without knowing it as Kahneman was
doing.

Yves Gingras