SOCNET Friends,

I have seen a method presented for constructing social networks, where passages of text are run through a plaigarism checker on a low association threshold.  People with similar text passages are then linked in a social network.  I cannot find anywhere in the literature where this has been published.  One of my students has used this technique to develop a social network to compare to another novel method of social network construction.  Her paper is not appropriately tied to the literature and I am not sure where to direct her.  I would appreciate any references where plagarism checkers have been used to construct social networks.  Failing that, I would also appreciate any references where social networks have been extracted for authors, based on the content of their writing.  Co-authorship/citation network references are not needed.

Thanks,

Ian

Ian McCulloh, Ph.D.
Major, US Army