***** To join INSNA, visit http://www.insna.org ***** Hi Rick,
You can correlate matrices using QAP in UCINET under Tools | Testing Hypothesis | Dyadic QAP.

You can also find multiple measures of similarity  in UCINET under Tools | Similarities (options include Pearson, Jaccard, Cross-products, hamming-sim, etc.) and dissimilarity under Tools | Dissimilarities.

Hope this helps
Dan Halgin
University of Kentucky

--------
I anticipate collecting data from a card sorting exercise that will be in the form of a one mode matrix, where individual cells show how often the row and column cards have been sorted into the same category(pile) by a respondent

This exercise will be carried out with multiple participants, so there will be multiple versions of this matrix

With UCINET (or any other tool) is there any way to identify the extent to which the contents of any two matrices correlate with each other? (which would then enable me to create an actors x actors matrix, where each cell value showed how similar the card sorting results generated by the respective row and column actors were)

regards, rick davies _____________________________________________________________________ SOCNET is a service of INSNA, the professional association for social network researchers (http://www.insna.org). To unsubscribe, send an email message to [log in to unmask] containing the line UNSUBSCRIBE SOCNET in the body of the message.