Hey everyone,

It was pretty slow out there at my regular two spots this morning, but the weather was great!  Birds were fairly active, but I struggled to find any migrants of interest:

Anhinga

Great Blue Heron

Great Egret

Tricolored Heron

White Ibis

Wood Stork

Black Vulture

Turkey Vulture

Bald Eagle (2, 1 adult, 1 immature both soaring over Mead)

Cooper's Hawk

Red-Shouldered Hawk

Red-Tailed Hawk

Mourning Dove

Barred Owl (1, Mead)

Ruby-Throated Hummingbird

Red-Bellied Woodpecker

Downy Woodpecker

Northern Flicker

Pileated Woodpecker

Eastern Wood-Pewee (1, Mead)

Empidonax sp. (1, Mead - probably Acadian, but not very greenish and dingier on the breast than most Acadians I've seen; definitely not Yellow-Bellied or Least.  Marcus played Acadian, Willow, and Alder calls, but the bird didn't respond to any of them.)

Red-Eyed Vireo (a few at both)

White-Eyed Vireo (3-4 at Leu)

Blue Jay

Fish Crow

Tufted Titmouse

Carolina Wren

Blue-Gray Gnatcatcher

Northern Mockingbird

Brown Thrasher

Northern Parula (1, Leu)

Yellow-Throated Warbler (1 at each garden)

Black-and-White Warbler (3, Leu)

American Redstart (1 male at Leu, 1 female at Mead)

Common Yellowthroat (1 at Leu, 3 at Mead)

Northern Cardinal

Indigo Bunting (heard only at Mead - I suppose it could have been a Painted?)

Common Grackle

Hopefully others across the state had more luck than I did today!  Mead Garden is in Winter Park near the intersection of US 17/92 (Orlando Ave.) and Orange Ave.  Nearby Harry P. Leu Botanical Gardens (entrance fee for non-members) is in the northern portion of downtown Orlando, near the intersection of US 17/92 (Mills Ave.) and Virginia Ave.  Both are in north-central Orange County.

Good birding,

John Thomton

Winter Park, Orange Co.