Try this text .... Price, Geraldine & Skinner, Janet. (2007). Support for Learning Differences in Higher Education: The Essential Practitioner's Manual. Stoke on Trent, UK: Trentham Books... for useful information and a British take on the topic.

Norman A. Stahl
Professor and Chair
Literacy Education

Past President, National Reading Conference
>>> Jenae Burkart <[log in to unmask]> 10/30/09 9:57 AM >>>
My brother is severely dyslexic and he uses Dragon Naturally Speaking. The computer reads text to him and he can speak into a microphone and the computer will type his statements. UWF has two computers that read in our computer lab. It's very helpful when taking tests and studying. Tape recorded notes and lectures are also very helpful.

There is also research on viewing information on colored paper or through colored lenses. He was tested and they found that blue lenses help separate words for him.

Jenae

Jenae Burkart
University of West Florida
Student Success Programs
Learning Center Coordinator / Academic Advisor
Building 52 Room 149
Phone: 850-474-3488
Fax:850-857-6291

"Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence."
 ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson