Hello HOSA Members!!!

I hope you are all well. This e-mail is about a great cause that
HOSA is involved with. Sorry that it is lengthy.

Dance Marathon is an event that takes place in the Spring. It is a
26.2-hour event benefiting the patients of Shands Children's
Hospital at UF through the Children's Miracle Network. Over 600
students stay awake and on their feet to raise money and awareness
for Children's Miracle Network.

More than $3.2 million has been raised over the years.
In 2009, DM at UF raised more than $413,000 for Children's Miracle
Network at Shands Children's Hospital at the University of
Florida.

There will be registration in the Spring for anyone who wants to
partake in this worthy cause as a dancer. You can also fundraise
online
https://secure.e2rm.com/registrant/LoginRegister.aspx?EventID=28873&LangPref=en-CA.
In order to be a dancer, you will need to raise $350 before the
the event on April 10. If you are not interested in dancing, you
can also be a team member, but still fundraise.
In the meantime, we will be participating in events to help out
patients and their families involved with Dance Marathon.

On November the 22, it is Zoo Day at Santa Fe Teaching Zoo from
11am - 2pm. This is for children in the community and Miracle
Families. We will be hosting a water balloon toss. Anyone
interested in helping can come out and volunteer anytime that day
with us. We will have a sign-up sheet at our meeting on Tuesday.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to e-mail me at

Have a wonderful day!!

Karly Funk
Special Events Coordinator
HOSA