Mesch Gustavo and Ilan Talmud. (2006). _"Online Friendship Formation,
Communication Channels, and Social Closeness_
<pdf/Online%20Friendship%20Formationpdf.pdf>"./International Journal of
Internet Sciences/. 1, 1, 29-44.

Mesch, Gustavo and Ilan Talmud (2007) _"The Impact of Online Relations
on Homophily: A Social Network Analysis". _/_Jo_/
<pdf/Quality.pdf>/urnal of Research on Adolescence/ 17,2, 455-466.

Mesch, Gustavo and Ilan Talmud. (2006). "_The Quality of Online and
Offline Relationships, the role of multiplexity and duration"._
<pdf/The%20Quality%20of%20Online%20and%20Offline%20Relationships1.pdf> /The
Information Society/, 22(3)

????? Alexandra Marin:
> Hello,
>
> I'm looking for research that compares homophily of strong versus weak
> ties. I find it everywhere as truism that strong ties are more
> homophilous than weak ties, and there are plenty of studies of
> homophily among strong ties or diversity of weak ties, but I can't
> seem to find anything explicitly comparing the two. I would be
> especially interested in research that compares strong ties to
> quite-weak ties as opposed to closer and less close parts of core
> networks, but even the latter would be useful.
>
> Thank you,
> Ali

Ilan Talmud, Ph.D.
Senior Lecturer
Department of Sociology and Anthropology,
University of Haifa
Phones: 972-4-8240992 (office direct)
972-4-8240995 / 8249505 (secretaries)
(cell) 972-522-220914