I would recommend the document "Social Networks in Organizations:
Antecedents and Consequences" by Daniel Brass
http://www.linkscenter.org/materials/consequences.doc

Best regards,
Lukas

---
Lukas Zenk, PhD.cand.
Member of the scientific staff
Danube University Krems, Austria
Department of Knowledge and Communication Management