From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Jennifer Fasy
Sent: Wednesday, November 11, 2009 1:05 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Supervisor and Peer Observations

Our Learning Center is developing Peer and Supervisor Observations. They have not done very extensive ones in the past and are concerned that the tutors see this as a growth opportunity rather than as a critical exercise.

They also want it to create an opportunity for the tutors to reflect on their tutoring and ways they can improve, rather than just being told how to improve.

I have attached drafts of both the Peer Observation and the Supervisor Observation. I would appreciate any feedback that I can get.

Thank you,
Jennifer Fasy
Salt Lake Community College
Salt Lake City, UT