Got out between 10:30 and 2:00 today, so I first decided to hit a new spot
in Southwood that looked particularly sparrowy. The location at the
intersection of Orange Ave and Mossy Creek Ln in Southwood. I parked on the
concrete "entrance" to the retention pond and walked east along the dirt
road past the Road Closed sign. Here are the highilghts from this beautiful
spot:
Field Sparrow (3) This was my main target with this spot and I was not
disappointed, and I'm pretty sure I heard more
Chipping Sparrow (25+)
White-throated Sparrow (2)
Song Sparrow (10)
Savannah Sparrow (1)
Swamp Sparrow (2)
Orange-crowned Warbler (2)
Note: I did not see any Vesper Sparrows, but I would not be surprised if
they are here. The large fields right off of Capital Circle also look
promising.

Southwood Plantation Road:
Hooded Merganser (20+)
Wood Duck (5)
Green-winged Teal (2)
Merlin (1)

Lake Henrietta Park between 12:00-2:00
Limpkins (6!) All were found on the path beyond the STOP sign at the south
end of the lake along Munson Slough. Five were seen at once in the large
pond on the west side of the path and one was found on the east side well
hidden in the trees.

Keep Looking Up and don't be afraid to try new spots,

Rob Lengacher
Tallahassee, FL