Hi all,

The Englewood Birding group made a trip to the Celery Fields today, and
picked up a few nice species besides all the expected waders and waterfowl.
A female American Wigeon flew into the pond closest to the gazebo, which
also contained Blue-wing Teal, Mallards, Mottled, and Black-bellied
Whistling Ducks. An unusually bold Sedge Wren came within 5-6 feet of the
group, giving us crippling looks. We saw at least three Marsh Wrens, as
well, and some members of the group saw a Sora, of which we heard a few
others. Savannah and Swamp Sparrows, along with Palm Warblers, were
plentiful, and a few male and female Common Yellowthroats were also popping
around. Frankly, with all the machines working on the property, I thought it
would be a less productive day, so I was quite pleased with the morning.

Susan Daughtrey

Englewood, FL