Today our group walked Eagle Lakes Park in Naples with Alan Murray (thanks,
Alan!) and the kids had a really good day; many of these birds were seen
through Alan's scope, which always piques their interest:

Location:     eagle lakes park
Observation date:     11/21/09
Number of species:     49

Mottled Duck     X
Blue-winged Teal     X
Pied-billed Grebe     X
Double-crested Cormorant     X
Anhinga     X
Great Blue Heron     X
Great Egret     X
Snowy Egret     X
Little Blue Heron     X
Tricolored Heron     X
Cattle Egret     X
Green Heron     X
Black-crowned Night-Heron     X
White Ibis     X
Glossy Ibis     X
Black Vulture     X
Turkey Vulture     X
Osprey     X
Bald Eagle     X
Cooper's Hawk     X
Red-shouldered Hawk     X
American Kestrel     X
Sora     X
Common Moorhen     X
American Coot     X
Killdeer     X
Wilson's Snipe     X
Eurasian Collared-Dove     X
Mourning Dove     X
Belted Kingfisher     X
Red-bellied Woodpecker     X
Northern Flicker     X
Eastern Phoebe     X
Loggerhead Shrike     X
Blue Jay     X
American Crow     X
Fish Crow     X
Tree Swallow     X
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher     X
Northern Mockingbird     X
European Starling     X
Yellow-rumped Warbler (Myrtle)     X
Prairie Warbler     X
Palm Warbler     X
Common Yellowthroat     X
Red-winged Blackbird     X
Common Grackle     X
Boat-tailed Grackle     X
Bronzed Cowbird     X

Our next AYBC outing is scheduled for 8AM December 20th at Corkscrew Swamp
Sanctuary. Bring a kid and join us for a good time!

Also for your information, a whippoorwill has been reliably sighted on the
Big Cypress Bend boardwalk at dusk. It site on the railing and hawks for
insects. You can get quite close to it.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.  See you out there,

Gail Boorman-Pettey

AYBC Chair, Collier County Audubon Society