Today at 11:30 a.m., we released the 2nd winter Glaucous Gull that we
have had in rehab at the Marine Science Center. The bird was released on
the no-driving beach just north of the Beach Street approach in Ponce
Inlet, about ½ mile north of the north jetty.

Last spring, on May 13, 2009, we received the battered Glaucous Gull
into our bird rehab hospital. Its feathers were a mess and the bird was
weak and emaciated.
Birders along the Atlantic Coast might keep an eye out for this bird.
It may stay here for the winter.

Michael
Michael Brothers
Marine Science Center