Barry,

I'm not 100% sure, but it looks like domestic flight segment data is
available here:

   https://www.bts.gov/pdc/user/products/src/products.xml?p=3068

There don't seem to be any data labels in that file, but it looks to me as
if it contains at least a record for every airline that provided direct
service between every pair of domestic airports.  This seems to be the
same data for international flights with one endpoint in the US:

   https://www.bts.gov/pdc/user/products/src/products.xml?p=3078

A better soruce for this last set of data seems to be:

   http://ostpxweb.dot.gov/aviation/usstatreport.htm

as it has labels, but I haven't yet been able to find a comparable data
set for domestic-to-domestic flights.

I would *love* to get my hands on flight data for routes between all
non-US cities, thought it's not at all clear to me that any one source
would collect such data.  If anyone knows of such, it'd be great to hear.
Hopefully this is a start.

- chris

---
Christopher Wheat