How it worked...

When you sign up to join the MIT Red Balloon Challenge Team, you'll be
provided with a personalized invitation link, like
http://balloon.mit.edu/yournamehere.

Have all your friends sign up using your personalized invitation. If anyone
you invite, or anyone they invite, or anyone they invite (...and so on) win
money, then so will you!

We're giving $2000 per balloon to the first person to send us the correct
coordinates, but that's not all -- we're also giving $1000 to the person who
invited them. Then we're giving $500 whoever invited the inviter, and $250
to whoever invited them, and so on... (see how it works).

It might play out like this. Alice joins the team, and we give her an invite
link like http://balloon.mit.edu/alice. Alice then e-mails her link to Bob,
who uses it to join the team as well. We make a http://balloon.mit.edu/bob
link for Bob, who posts it to Facebook. His friend Carol sees it, signs up,
then twitters about http://balloon.mit.edu/carol. Dave uses Carol's link to
join... then spots one of the DARPA balloons! Dave is the first person to
report the balloon's location to us, and the MIT Red Balloon Challenge Team
is the first to find all 10. Once that happens, we send Dave $2000 for
finding the balloon. Carol gets $1000 for inviting Dave, Bob gets $500 for
inviting Carol, and Alice gets $250 for inviting Bob. The remaining $250 is
donated to charity.