I use electronic surveys a lot, and they are very effective and time-saving
if --- you have a good local group or individual who is very persistent and
willing to put in the time to get enough surveys. It also helps if
influential individuals send the email with the link to the survey.

I developed a really nice web survey since I couldn't find any existing ones
that worked well. It costs, though, but I've found it's really worthwhile to
have a web survey that, in 2 clicks, gives you the csv files you need for
InFlow or SNA.

You can also print out the survey and use as a paper survey. Results are
then easily entered into the web survey for easy aggregation. If you have a
room full of people with access to computers, that would be the best of both
worlds, especially if the group were computer savvy.

June

June Holley
Network Weaver
www.networkweaving.com/june.html