Tuugi,

maybe you already got off-list replies, anyhow... at least from a CS
perspective, Leskovec's work is quite interesting.

Specifically,

Graph Evolution: Densification and Shrinking Diameters by J. Leskovec,
J. Kleinberg, C. Faloutsos. ACM Transactions on Knowledge Discovery from
Data (TKDD), 1(1), 2007.

and his thesis (with enough references)

Dynamics of large networks by J. Leskovec. PhD Dissertation, Machine
Learning Department, Carnegie Mellon University, Technical report
CMU-ML-08-111, 2008.

Evolution of networks can be nicely analysed from a graph generation
pov, see this survey for a good overview:

Graph Mining: Laws, Generators, and Algorithms. Deepayen Chakrabarti,
Christos Faloutsos;

Hope that helps.

Marcel

Tugsjargal Chuluun wrote:

> Dear Colleagues,
>

> I would like to learn more about measures and research works that
> describe whole networks, especially the evolution of a network as a
> whole.  Id be very grateful if you could direct me to some useful
> references in this area.  Id like to document the characteristics of a
> network of organizations in a certain industry and how it changed over time.
>

> Thank you very much for your help.
>

> Best,
>
> Tuugi
>

> Tuugi Chuluun
> Assistant Professor of Finance
> Sellinger School of Business and Management
> Loyola University Maryland
> 4501 North Charles Street
> Baltimore, MD 21210
>
> _